Lerner TheatreLeave a Comment
The Lerner Theatre, a 1924 Beaux Arts, Adam-style structure formerly used as a movie house and Vaudeville theater, no longer met today’s needs for an entertainment venue. A feasibility study suggested that the facility be modified to accommodate a wide range of new uses. The program for the building’s adaptation included the following events: music and theatrical performance, lectures, corporate meetings and trade shows, community events and special special movie screenings. These new uses required significant modifications to the historic structure and a major new addition that would house a ballroom for 600, an expanded lobby for intermissions and pre-function activities, administrative offices and mechanical and ancillary support spaces.