East High SchoolLeave a Comment
Moody Nolan led the renovation, addition and partial demolition of East High School, a school that was originally constructed around 1921, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Renovations to the original building included massive exterior cleaning and repair of limestone on three sides of the neoclassical and historically sensitive building. The major addition was designed to be compatible with the original building and included a gymnasium and connecting atrium between the original and new addition. The original school is approximately 140,000 sq. ft. and the addition added nearly 40,000 sq. ft. New measures were also designed and implemented to make the building more accessible. Elevators and ramps replaced the main stair only entrance at the front of the school making the building completely accessible.